Saturday, June 11, 2011

Clean Eating #142: Super Easy Spicy Hot Pico De Gallo

Spicy Hot Pico De Gallo
We cleaned out our freezer and had a few bits of peppers leftover, so in addition to some fresh tomatoes that my hubby found on sale, I made some Pico De Gallo.  I have a bunch of dried pinto beans to make "refried" beans with, and Jaedin made tortilla dough that's been soaking since yesterday, so I think we'll have burritos for dinner.  I need to go get some rice cooking as well.  It will seem like a real meal again!

Ingredients:
3 Pablano Peppers
1 Habanero Pepper
2 Sweet Red Peppers
1 Chopped Red/Yellow/Orange Bell Pepper
1 large Onion
12 Roma Tomatoes

Directions:
Dice all ingredients.
In a heavy pot, bring to a boil on medium heat.
Simmer on Medium-Low for an hour or so..

Serve!  My boys like really spicy stuff, and I took about a cup of this and added it to the water and 1 cup of salsa to the brown rice I have cooking for dinner.  I'll take a photo of our 'full meal' if I think of it.

Thanks for those who are still around reading.  Its been a big struggle to find things to post about lately... and I, for one, am really tired of scraping by financially!!  Let's get a break already!

And don't forget about the Father's Day Spotlight!