- 1 1/2 Cups soft cooked black beans
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 Cup agave nectar
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Yogurt Cheese (drain Plain yogurt overnight with cheese cloth and a strainer OR use Greek Yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2-4 Tbsp Ideal Xylitol Substitute (to taste)
- Mix well, store in the refrigerator between uses. *frost when ready to eat... I'm not sure about using the frosting ahead of time.
Verdict: I liked them, Paris and Jaedin liked them. My hubby, Squatch & The Bean didn't care for them. Jaedin kept saying, "Are you SURE there are black beans in this?" but the other kids went, "Ooooohhhhh, that explains it." They almost reminded me of a protein bar.
Basically, if you're looking for something to ease your chocolate craving, and not kill your diet, this might do it for you, it worked for me (but only WITH the "icing"). Is it 'as good' as a "real" brownie... Of course not, silly. However, if I wasn't a sugar addict (Ie: If I could EAT just ONE "real" brownie without downing the whole entire pan and gaining ten pounds as well as giving myself a crushing head ache), then I wouldn't be eating so clean in the first place, now would I? Probably not.