Roasted Potato, Onion & Cheesey Side Dish
- Set out some pieces of foil about 18" long (this is a good "assembly line" type of family prep if you like)
- Using coconut butter, oil the foil, leaving just 1-2 inches around the edge
- Add your choice of vegetables (we've used garlic, onion, potato, cheese so far **Slice the potato into somewhat thin slices, and make a short stack.
- Fold the foil and wrap up tight. Since our foil this time is the cheap stuff, I used two layers... the turning of the packets in the fire can be a little hard on these little packets!
- Once your camp fire (or grill) is hot and has the hot coals *don't put the packets in the direct flames*, put your packets in the hot coals. After 8-10 minutes, use grill tongs to carefully turn the packets.
- Another 8-10 minutes and you'll have scrumptious baked onions/potatoes!
What are your favorite fall dishes?
(Ie: I need new ideas. I'm bored with my own ideas!:)
|The kids sitting by the fire eating dinner. Look at all that wood in the background that they helped chop & carry today!|