Friday, August 17, 2012

Clean Eating: Super Hot Chicken Jalapeno Dish

Super Hot Chicken Jalapeno Dish



*Best if prepared by marinating at least 24 hours*

Ingredients (serves my two guys who love the spicy stuff):
2 chicken thigh & leg pieces
8 Jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise and seeded
6-8 oz. Neufchâtel
3/4-1 cup of 100% Pain Sauce

8-24 hour BEFORE your meal Directions:
Take your chicken pieces and put into a ziplock bag.  Cover with hot sauce & sit in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours (I actually left mine in for 48 hours because things kept coming up.  It was hot enough to make my hubby sweat, and he eats a LOT of spicy stuff!)

On the day of your meal:
  • Bake the chicken in a covered casserole/pan at 300 for 45 minutes to an hour (or until almost done, our oven is new to us, I don't know ho accurate it is yet!)  *You can cook it higher for less time, but I was taking my time so that the chicken would be tender... and I actually thought ahead today, Yay me!
  • While that is cooking, cut & seed your peppers.  Fill them with the Neufchâtel cheese.
  • Remove cover and pour an extra serving of hot sauce over the chicken.
  • Place the cheese filled jalapenos around the chicken and return to the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes uncovered.

Serve and watch your hot food loving family as their faces turn red, their eyes water and their forehead starts to sweat.  They may yell things suddenly, without warning, like YAAAHHHOOOOOOOO!!! (Seriously, my husband did).  My son even said, 'Holy COW, this IS hot' (and this is the kid who puts hot sauce on everything.  EVERYTHING.)

And they're ready for another day out in the ridiculous heat!  My husband says that on days after he's eaten a spicy meal, it always makes a noticeable difference in how he tolerates the heat.  So I guess spicy foods at least help him tolerate the heat.  Whatever I can do to help!