Monday, June 20, 2011

Clean Eating #146: Salad w/Toasted Spiced Almonds

Salad with Toasted Spiced Almonds

I used to buy those 'flavored' almonds at the store for our salads... but of course those are full of MSG, which we are trying to avoid.  So I grabbed my slivered almonds and thought I'd give it a go.  As you can see, I left them in a bit too long.  It seemed like nothing was happening, then I got distracted for a second and boom, brown almonds.

Oh well, we all loved them anyway.  I LOVE having crunchy things in my salad.


Easy as pie.  Wait, pie isn't even easy.
  • Take about a cup of slivered almonds and spread them out on a baking sheet.
  • Spray lightly with Olive oil (if you don't like spray oil, you might be able to get the same effect by tossing them in a bag with some oil)
  • Sprinkle with seasonings (I used chili powder and garlic pepper)
This was SO easy and so yummy.  My hubby didn't even notice that they were in the salad until he started eating and he asked, "YUM!  Where did you get the almonds?  That is a fantastic flavor combination!)

WINNER!:)