Saturday, June 18, 2011

Clean Eating #145: Super Easy Pasta Salad w/Tomatoes & Shaved Parmesan Cheese

 Pasta Salad w/Tomatoes & Shaved Parmesan Cheese

I did it, I finally made some cold pasta salad that I actually enjoyed.

Actually, it was kind of funny because I LOVE pasta.  A LOT.  But I like it HOT, the cold version has always turned me off.  Even this time, I'd take a bite or two and think, "nahhh... no thanks."

10 minutes later I'd be sitting down doing something and think, "Man.  I want another bite of that."  I'd take a bite or two and again decide that I didn't care for it.

By the end of the day, I'd eaten all the leftovers... which amounted to at least two servings:)

I guess I'm getting to that point of being able to get past the fact that pasta "isn't supposed to be cold"

Ingredients:
1 box whole wheat linguine
3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to coat, you may want more/less)
McCormick's "Perfect Pasta" seasoning blend to taste
1-2 tomatoes, diced
3/4 cup of cooked lentils
Salt to taste

Directions:
Prepare the pasta to your taste.
Drain and add EVOO, Sesonings, lentils and diced tomatoes.
Top with shaved Parmesan Cheese

Cool in refrigerator for at least one hour.

Serve as a side dish or entree (or just keep picking at it in the fridge all day, but I warn you, you may eat too much that way!:)

Now I want to really experiment with different flavors, beans and veggies in my pasta salads... I'm on a roll!  What are your favorite pasta salad ingredients?