Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy 17th Anniversary! Chicken, Wine, Mushroom & Swiss Romantic Dish

Chicken, Mushroom & Swiss Romantic Wine Dish

Okay, I'm giving a recipe today, but I'm also giving you the beginning of an amazing love story:)

Today is my 17th Anniversary.

SEVENTEENTH!!
I don't feel old enough to have a 17th anniversary yet!

First things first.  Here is the recipe (the clean version of the recipe that my husband cooked for me on our first date when we were 19:)
Ingredients:
2-3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
3 cups of mushroom soup
1/2 cup of white wine
6 slices of thinly sliced Swiss cheese
2-3 cups of whole grain bread crumbs

Directions:
Line a lightly oiled baking pan with the chicken

top with slices of cheese
Mix wine & mushroom soup and pour over the cheese

bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes
top with bread crumbs and return to oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

This tastes great with a baby spinach salad and a glass of white wine!

And for dessert... for the one who can't choose, a little of everything! (that's a tiny plate, btw:)

A slideshow of pictures from our marriage and life... all of my hair style & color changes (I have changed a lot over the years!!!:)  
Oh, and I'm singing the background vocals to one of our favorite songs to dance around the living room to:)

This was what we looked like way back when (1990)... although my hair often changed color weekly
My husband and I met when we were 19.  It was definitely love at first sight for him.  He still insists that he knew the very moment he saw me that I was his 'one true love' and that he knew at that moment I was the only one for him.

I didn't have quite that intense of a reaction, but then again, we met when he pulled up to a party on his motorcycle and I was a bit inebriated... so that might excuse it.  (No, I'm not proud of my partying days, but I'm not going to pretend they didn't happen either)

He sat and talked with me for a while and asked where I lived.  I had just moved, or rather I was staying with some friends and literally could not remember the name of the street I lived on.  I didn't have a phone and really had no way for him to get a hold of me.  I finally told him that I lived at the green house with the pink door.  Boy, did I beat myself up for that after he left.

All was not lost, because he was a pretty determined guy.  He hunted down the green house with the pink door and found me three nights later.  You might be able to imagine a hint of how shocked I was after spending three days mooning over this guy I'd just met, sure that I would never see him again, when he knocked on my door.

Ahhhhhhh!!!  I was so SO shocked.  I didn't have good luck with guys in the first place, and certainly hadn't expected him to go to all the trouble of hunting me down.  (Wow, that makes him sound like a creeper.  He wasn't:)

Anyway, we spent the next six weeks blissed out of our minds.  He worked at his dad's bar, so he came over at 2:30 every morning when he got off of work and we would go for walks for hours, just talking and feeling all those 'love bubbles' floating around.

On our first "real" date, he took me to his house and cooked me dinner... the same dinner I posted above.  He definitely stole my heart completely.  I had never had anyone treat me the way he did (and still does), look at me the way he did, or give me himself completely the way he did.

We danced to Billy Joel in the living room... and then he played the piano for me and our 'magic' song was born: