Saturday, June 4, 2011

Clean Eating #137: Super Easy Cajun Tilapia w/Rice and Corn

Broiled "Cajun" Tilapia
Okay, so the title says with rice and corn, because I served it with rice and corn... however, my silly old camera died as soon as I took a half was decent photo of the fish.  I actually had my fish with a salad, but my kids love corn, and the rice fills them up enough so that they eat something other than four pounds of fish!  

Rice:
I cook a mixture of brown and wild rice according to directions.
When it is nearly done, I throw in a bag of frozen corn and about a 1/2 a cup of finely chopped red bell peppers that I stuck in my freezer on prep day.
I add a bit of paprika as well as some pepper, and they're good to go.

"Cajun" style Tilapia
This is SO easy:)
Take your Tilpia filets and place them "dull" side up on a baking sheet (one side should appear more shiny than the other, so put the dull side up)
Rub the fish with your preferred oil (I use cocount oil)
Rub with a sprinkle of Paprika and Ground Red Pepper

Broil on the top shelf with the oven door vented open a little for about 7 minutes until the fish flakes apart easily with a fork.

Serve hot and enjoy (with a lot of water!  Its spicy!:)

Verdict:  This was SO easy, so simple and I always have these ingredients on hand.  It was great with a salad and the kids loved it with rice.  I will definitely be making this again.  Especially since I'm really trying to drink more water and the spiciness of this dish forces me to drink a LOT!