Saturday, June 4, 2011

Clean Eating #134: Sweet Onion Balsamic Salad Dressing

Sweet Onion Balsamic Salad Dressing

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 medium Vidalia Onion, diced
1/2 tsp Parsley, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Coarsely ground black pepper
a few drops of liquid Stevia to taste

Put all ingredients in a blender (I used my mini IsaBlender with great results) and blend until all ingredients are blended.

Pour over salad.
Keep tightly sealed in the refrigerator.

We eat a LOT of salads during this time of year, so this goes pretty fast.  I've kept it up to a week, but by then its gone.  You may need to leave it at room temperature long enough for the oil to settles a bit and then shake well and serve.

Verdict:  We were out of "store bought" dressing and some of the kids were hesitant to try my dressing (I dont' know why, they always gobble up my hubby's dressing!  They probably thought I put black beans in it:) but once they did, they loved it as much as I did... even the kids who don't care much for onions loved it.  In my opinion, it could use even more onions... I think I may be becoming addicted to onions...