Saturday, April 9, 2011

Clean Eating #93: Italian Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

Italian Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Guest Recipe from my husband who made dinner last night so that I could paint for my Etsy Shop.  I'm assuming at some point that we find enough ways to make money that we'll be able to breathe easier.  I know a lot of people are struggling in this economy... its getting crazy.

Ingredients:
½ cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp basil
½ tsp thyme
1 TBSP Oregano
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic (through a garlic press)
1 tsp honey
1 Cup EVOO



Directions
Combine all but the EVOO in blender and blend thoroughly for 30 seconds. Turn blender down to minimum setting and slowly add EVOO.

 
 
 
Salad has romaine, red leaf, green leaf lettuces.  Also red cabbage, radishes, grated carrots, green pepper, red onion, and liberally sprinkled with Flax, Chia, and Sunflower seeds.

This stuff was SO GOOD.  I think it was even better because I didn't have to make it!  We found all the vegetables on sale at our local grocery store for a GREAT price, so we'll be having plenty of salads this week!