Friday, April 8, 2011

Clean Eating #92: Vegetable Fritatta

Vegetable Fritatta


What's the difference between a fritatta and a quiche?  Not much.  In my own opinion, it seems like pretty much the difference is in the texture.  Quiche seems a lot lighter and fluffier, the fritatta turned out a lot more dense.

I'll be making a lot of baked goods over the next month because I'm honestly just BROKE and everything and anything in my house seems to be breaking down.  This means I'm going to my staples that I bought in bulk over the last two months, so lots of protein bars will be made, breads, oats, etc.

I added some extra potatoes to the fritatta because they're cheap and I need to stretch every penny.  If you're wanting less starch and more protein, just leave out some/all of the potatoes.  I also used very little cheese because its so expensive, but it still tastes great.

Ingredients:
18 eggs
1 large onion, diced
1 large green bell pepper, diced
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 - 2 cups frozen spinach
3 - 4 small to medium potatoes, diced really fine or shredded & rinsed (Or you can use leftover oven fries)
1/2 cup of shredded cheese




Look at that!  Did I not say to beat those eggs WELL???
  • Sautee all the veggies in a covered skillet for about 10 minutes.
  • Uncover and let the liquid evaporate for another 5-7 minutes
  • Add eggs (well beaten) and cheese
  • Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, until done.

Serve hot, wrap the leftovers for quick breakfast or post workout fuel!