Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Clean Eating #103: Vegetarian Couscous w/Tofu & Zucchini Noodles

Vegetarian Couscous with Tofu & Zucchini Noodles
Ingredients:
1 large zucchini, shredded lengthwise for the "noodles"
1 box of Whole Wheat Coucous
1 green or red bell pepper
1 12.3 oz package of tofu, drained.
10-12 grape tomatoes
1 medium onion
Seasonings to taste:
Chili Powder, Basil, Garlic Pepper & Sea Salt

Shred Zucchini Lengthwise

Sautee tofu, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, onions in coconut or olive oil until tender.  Add extra oil for the 'topping'
Cook Couscous according to directions.


Place the hot couscous in a bowl and top with sauteed veggies and zucchini noodles.  Serve hot.

VERDICT:  My son, Jaedin, who has been vegetarian for about two years ate this entire bowl without even sitting down.  He reminded me of his father.  I guess it was good:)  I got a bite or two before he came downstairs, and yep, it was pretty yummy.  I'll definitely experiment with some different seasonings.