Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Clean Eating #102: Vegetarian Tofu Stuffed Zucchini

Vegetarian Tofu Stuffed Zucchini
*You can make this dish Vegan by leaving off the parmesan cheese.
Ingredients:
2 large Zucchini
1 medium onion, diced
3-4 cloves of garlic, diced
1 12.3 oz block of tofu
Seasonings to taste:  Chili Powder, Garlic Pepper & Sea Salt
1/2 qt of Marinara Sauce (I used our loaded veggie sauce)
Parmesan Cheese

Squish the extra liquid out of the tofu by layering napkins under and on top of the tofu and setting something heavy on top.  

Carve the middle out of your zucchini.  I left probably about 1/4 an inch of 'crust' for the boat.

Sautee diced onions, garlic, remaining cucumber insides & tofu with seasonings until onions are tender.
Fill the Zucchini with filling.

Top with marinara & Parmesan cheese if you like.

Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, until the Zucchini 'boat' is softened.

This was delicious!  Even my non vegetarian husband and son ate this with no complaints.  I eve warned my hubby that it had tofu, and he ate an entire zucchini boat... even with the option of pasta with meat in it sitting beside him!  I will definitely make this again!