Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quantum Wellness Cleanse? What Do You Think?

Has anyone read this book?  I heard about it on the Ellen Show and it sounds fascinating to me.  I have always believed that eating at least vegetarian is the healthiest way to go, but my family really loves meat, as do I.  I find it really hard to make varying meals that never include meat, much less not including dairy??  I don't know how that would work.  I've read "The Skinny Bitch" book and found it to be VERY eye opening.  I've watched the vegan-gal DVD and thought at the time that it made a lot of sense to me, but I couldn't get tofu to be palatable.  My son went vegetarian after watching it, though, so maybe I need to go rewatch it for some new ideas. 

As it is, I have many issues with skin issues that I know are in part related to a yeast imbalance and my current diet exacerbates it.  I did a Candida Cleanse last year that helped when I did it, but as soon as I stopped, all of my issues and symptoms came back with a vengeance.

I'm wondering how doable the ideas in this book are.  Are the recipes somewhat easy to follow?  Are they GOOD?  Are they family friendly, or would I pretty much be on my own with this?  Is it fairly strict? 

I know I have some vegan friends and am wondering what your advice would be on working towards becoming vegan?  I am trying to add more plant based proteins to my meals, but I quickly feel like I'm stuck in a rut that I can't get out of. 

What are you favorite recipes to suggest to someone wanting to at least add some Vegan meals to their diet?  What books/dvds/documentaries would you recommend for not only learning more about it myself, but for showing to my kids and students about the health benefits of veganism?

I'm in a thinking mood today.