Sunday, March 27, 2011

Clean Eating #80: Tofu, Veggies & Rice with Spicy Orange Mango Sauce

Spicy Orange Mango Tofu & Vegetables over Rice
This dish was DELICIOUS.  I made it for my son, who is a vegetarian, and then I kept picking at it and ended up eating it all so I had to make him more!:)  I'm sure my husband and son wouldn't be interested because they are very resistant to tofu in general, but I liked it.


Ingredients:
 1/2 fresh mango, diced
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 red chili pepper, diced
small bag of frozen peas
3 medium carrots, sliced thin
1/2 package of Tempeh, diced
1-2 cups cooked brown rice


Directions:  
Puree ingredients until smooth
In a sauce pan on med-medium high, bring sauce to a boil
Add diced Tempeh & frozen/fresh veggies of choice


 Serve over rice... Viola!  I loved that the carrots retained a bit of crunchiness, but if you prefer more "cooked", you may want to start the carrots separately first.