Monday, March 14, 2011

Healthy Snack: Coconut Oil & Sea Salt Air Popped Popcorn

POPCORN!


English Toffee Liquid Stevia 2 oz.
My girls and I LOVE popcorn.  I could eat a huge bowl every single day.

I have before:)

I don't do this anymore, but I certainly consider it a treat.  Whole grains, with the bonus of coconut oil instead of butter and its healthier too!

Directions:
Pop your popcorn in the Air Popper
Drizzle melted coconut oil over it (lightly) while it pops
Add some Sea Salt and viola!

Variations:
Put a few drops of flavored liquid Stevia in your melted coconut oil for a 'Kettle Corn' type flavored.  I like using Toffee Stevia the best... YUM!

I used to have a friend when I was a kid whose mom would cook popcorn in oil on the stove and add a tablespoon of vinegar to the unpopped kernels first.  That was THE best popcorn.  It had a tangy taste to it and I've remembered it all these years.  I wish I could figure out how to do it with an air popper, because I always burn popcorn in a pan!

I also finally dragged myself out of my PMS induced depressive funk with a wonderful weekend recharging with my hubby... so I now am back to cooking.  I have some awesome foodstuffs in the oven right now!!  Several Varieties of Mini Quiches, Fritatta and a SUPER hearty Veggie Sauce are on their way to posty-ness!