Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Clean Eating #64: A Love Story of Epic Hotness (Super Tropical Hot Sauce)

Hot, Burnin', Spicy Tropical Twist Hot Sauce

My husband loves really hot things.  That's why he married me:)

My son likes SUPER hot things.  As in SPICY.  Actually, most of us love hot things, and Squatch moreso than anyone.  Last year I bought some hot sauce that he loved. Not 'liked'... Loved.  Fell head over heels in love with. 

And then, of course, in the way of doomed teenaged love... the relationship ended.  His new 'hottie' was nowhere to be found.  Not online, not in the stores, nowhere.  NO WHERE!

I can't describe the agony that our whole family endured as he tried 'the other fish in the sea' to no avail.  None could compare to his first true love.

Therefor, being the true and wonderful mother that I am, I made it my goal this month to make the best hot sauce of all time.  My aim is to make that 'other' love disappear from his memory like a bad dream.

Today, my first attempt.  WAS. EPIC.

EPIC!

I found the recipe here at pepperfool

Ingredients:
  • 2 Mangoes, peeled and seeded
  • 3 whole kiwi fruit, peeled
  • 4 Habanero Peppers, stemmed and seeded
  • 2 whole limes, juiced
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 1/2 cup Orange Juice
  • 1 cup water
It was a HIT!  I touched my tongue to the spoon and my lip and tongue were burning to the point of being numb for the next 15 minutes.  I knew then that I may have found the key to healing my son's broken heart!

 
Nothing tastes as burning hot as SUCCESS!!
Chop up your ingredients and put in your crockpot for the day.  Once everything is cooked fairly thoroughly, puree it in your food processor or blender.  Delicious.  Feed it to your spicy loving peeps and watch their eyes tear up with thankfulness.  I think it was thankfulness...