Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Clean Eating #37: Super Easy Garlic Pasta (Snow Day #2... I'm going nuts here!)

Super Easy Garlic Pasta
I'm still stuck at home with no new groceries.  I am trying to get up the motivation to go make a batch of homemade tortillas, but we have NO cheese or salsa left, so I'm not sure they'd get eaten.  My kids are bemoaning our lack of "real food" because cheese is apparently a staple food item here.  I just miss the flavorful stuff!  I want some peppers and onions!  Fresh fruit would be a wonderous treat right now.  I need to go to the store.  I have all this down time when I could be prepping and cooking up a storm (lol, "storm") and instead I've got nothing except this old standby that I cleaned up by using coconut oil instead of butter.


Ingredients:
1 head of roasted garlic
1 bag of your favorite whole wheat pasta
1 Tbsp coconut oil or EVOO
shredded or grated Parmesan cheese to taste
Seasonings:
Garlic Pepper Blend
Kainan didn't even want me taking a PICTURE of his food.  I think he was afraid I was going to try and steal a bite.  Not that I'd ever do that.

Cook pasta, add oil & chopped roasted garlic.  Sprinkle with Parmesan, and viola!  Super easy side dish.  It goes well with chicken and a nice green salad.  I add cooked peas to the pasta when I make it, just to get some extra veggies in there, but my hubby never does.

Paris, of course, was happy to pose for me, even with her snow day hair do:)