Sunday, January 23, 2011

Clean Eating #29: Cherry Tomato Popping Garlic Spinach Pasta

Exquisite Garlic Tomato Pasta Sauce

Okay, so we couldn't decide what to call this.  It was something I read in an article in Prevention magazine, and there weren't any measurements or anything, just a few ingredients.  This is what we used:



Ingredients:
1/2 - 3/4ths cup of EVOO
3 cloves of garlic
3-4 small Spanish onions, diced
handful of baby leaf spinach chopped
3/4 - 1 cup of cherry/grape tomatoes sliced in half
Italian seasoning to taste
Garlic pepper seasoning to taste
Parsley
Grated Parmesan or Asiago Cheese for topping if desired




Getting a hug from my gargantuan son "Squatch" because I'm just that awesome:)
Directions:
Heat oil in skillet on medium to medium low
Sautee Onions and Garlic until they begin to carmelize
Add in sesasonings, baby spinach and tomatoes
Cook until the tomatoes are tender
Add a little extra EVOO if you want, serve on top of whole wheat pasta.
Paris had hers in one of our new fancy bowls:)
What I'd Do Differently Next time?
Turn on the video camera when my hubby takes his first bite..  My husband's reaction to good food is freaking AWESOME.  Its so good to be REALLY appreciated!
Also, I will definitely experiment with throwing in some extra veggies and maybe some cooked beans... but for right now, my husband AND my two youngest girls devoured it, even my picky little Bean... so I think we're good.
I'm telling you, my husband reeeeaaaalllllly loves his food, even after he realized I was videotaping!

It definitely has a sweet and spicy taste to it, and leaving the tomatoes 'in tact' really gave it a neat texture and taste.  Thumbs Up!