Sunday, January 9, 2011

Clean Eating #16: Breakfasts! Spicy Manly Breakfast Omelettes, Meaty and Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian

Easy Clean Eating "Manly" Breakfasts
I'm not usually a get up early and cook breakfast type.  Okay, I never am.  However, last night my hubby took me out on an awesome relaxing date... after the movie and before we had a chance to go out to eat (and he was starving) I had a horrid sore throat, plus a headache and was suddenly exhausted, so we came home with no fancy dinner.  I woke up feeling just dandy this morning, so I got up and grabbed some stuff to make an omelette. 
My hubby's omelette with sauteed spicy zucchini
We had some leftover flank steak from our big cooking day, as well as a bunch of pre chopped frozen peppers.  I added some onions, sauteed some zucchini and made some "real" food!  Since most of it was done on our big prep day, it really wasn't that much work, but I got some major points:)  I seasoned the eggs with Chipotle Pepper Powder and fresh ground black pepper.

NOTE for PREP DAY:  Make sure to precook some thinly sliced flank steak or ground turkey for the meaty omelettes.  You will also want to chop up some veggies and store in the freezer in freezer bags.  This will save you a lot of time and mess if you get it all done on one day!

Jaedin doesn't eat meat, but he does eat eggs and dairy, so I made him a veggie loaded omelette with the rest of the peppers, onion, spinach, zucchini & a little cheese.  He gobbled it all up.

He ate it with a side of a few of the last remaining carrot zucchini mini muffins from yesterday.
What I'd changeNOTHING.  These were so well received, I think I may keep flank steak permanently on the grocery list!  All my guys were incredibly happy to get "real" food for breakfast, and with the meat precooked, the veggies prechopped from our prep day... it was super fast and easy!