Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Diet Review: Weight Loss Supplements

Well, I finally caved and bought new jeans for a wedding, so I suppose this means that its time to finally get inspired to lose weight again.  And yeah, I just said that I broke down and bought jeans.  For a wedding.  This was mostly because literally every single dress I tried on made me cry.  A lot.  I'm talking full out sobbing in the dressing room.  Then all the way home.  My poor husband is at his wit's end.

The thing is that I gained a lot of weight quickly and I still haven't found that thing that is going to make it 'better'.  I have found that getting back to clean eating and keeping my grains to a minimum FINALLY got me to the point where I STOPPED gaining weight... but I'm still stuck at the same weight I stopped at.

Trust me, I find that highly preferable to continuing to gain, but having gained over 70 pounds and doubling a dress size in a year is not something that I can be "okay" with.  I don't like my body in this size, I just don't.  I've tried everything to work through my body image issues, and I can get to the point of not sobbing every time I look in the mirror, but I'm not happy.

In addition to looks, adding this much weight this fast has had a huge effect on my energy levels, on my joints and my feet.  I've started having back and neck issues, something that had completely disappeared when I was at a healthy weight.  I'm only 5'5"... this weight is too much for me.

So, that being said, I was over at The Palmetto Queen's blog the other day and saw that she had joined a 90 Day Challenge.  I decided that this was my chance to get inspired and take charge of my weight.  I have little things working in my favor, but I need help, because the typical things that used to work are not working for me.  Maybe its age, maybe its a health issue.  I'm getting things checked out and tests are coming back normal, but the weight and fatigue are still hanging on.  I discussed it with my husband, and after some research, he decided that he would be okay with me taking the 30 Day & Night Challenge for three months. The supplements include a lot of what he read about in Timothy Ferris' "Four Hour Body" book.  So that's the route I'm going to take.

I'm going to take this challenge as a way to help me make a positive, permanent change in my habits and lifestyle... who wants to join me?

Note: If you are a blogger who would like to participate in this challenge, they are accepting applications.

Disclosure: I will be receiving product as a participant in the 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge. All opinions are my own. 

When I receive my supplements, I'll even force myself to take before photos... stay tuned!