Thursday, June 14, 2012

Grain Free Quick & Easy Breakfast Pepperoni Pizza

Grain Free Pepperoni Breakfast Pizza



I am currently looking into going grain free.  I have a long blog post explaining, but until I'm willing to put up a photo of my current weight, I'm not going to publish it just yet.  Suffice it to say that I have tried everything under the sun that I could think of, I have been to doctors and been tested for everything we could think of and my weight continues to creep up...

Well, I went gluten free this past weekend and my weight has dropped two pounds.  That's not necessarily saying a lot, but after a full year of a continuing climb, I'll take it!

I saw this super easy idea for pizza (one of my favorite foods ever!) when going grain free, so I tried it this morning.  Not bad!

Ingredients
1 tsp coconut oil
2 egg whites
2 eggs
pizza toppings of your choice
1 Tbsp pizza sauce (marinara or alfredo)
1/4-1/2 cup of cheese of your choice

Dab the oil from the pepperoni to get rid of a little extra fat

Directions
Melt coconut oil over medium heat
Whip the eggs & pour into skillet
Once the bottom is cooked, lift edges and let the uncooked egg run under (this is my hubby's favorite way to make omelettes... it makes them a lot fluffier).  After about a minute, flip the eggs.
Add pizza sauce, toppings and cheese
Remove from pan & stick under the broiler for just a few minutes


Eat it up!

Verdict:  Yummy!  It definitely won't replace "real" pizza forever, but it will hold me over as I go through this month of trying grain free!  Next time I'm going to try it with alfredo, spinach, feta and tomato:)