Okay, okay, the truth comes out. In spite of the fact that I have been really busy this month with movie stuff, I just hate cooking when its hot. I hate even thinking about cooking, meal planning, any of it. If only I hated eating... nah. No such luck.
I would think that logically I would crave fresh fruit, salads and the like. No such luck. I eat junk. I also find that I eat a lot of convenience foods because I'm running around too busy to want to think about cooking. So not only am I eating less healthy, I'm paying too much for it.
Today was my last straw when I bought a breakfast burrito at Quick Trip... ugh. I ate a gas station burrito for Heaven's sake. It is ridiculous.
So I came home and made a dozen breakfast burritos for my hubby and I, and a pan full of kiddable eggs for their own breakfast burritos. Kids and teenaged boys don't really need to worry about having full out eggs and extra cheese:)
- 24 egg whites
- 12 eggs
- 1 large onions (diced)
- 8 oz frozen spinach
- a little finely shredded cheese of your choice
- coconut oil
- seasonings to taste
- 12 whole wheat tortillas
- Sautee the diced onions and spinach in a little coconut oil until tender
- add mixed eggs & seasonings, cook on med-low with a lid, flipping occasionally (try to keep it all in one piece for less mess later
- cut your eggs into "bars" and roll up in tortillas sprinkled with a little cheese
- Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for heating later.
*Kids variations: I used all eggs, extra cheese, plus added a couple of chopped baked potatoes to stretch out the eggs a little so they would last longer. Kainan added jalapenos to his (eww!!)
|The pouty lips...|