Saturday, May 28, 2011

Clean Eating #129: Onion Stuffed Green Bell Peppers & Other Varieties

Onion Stuffed Green Bell Peppers

Green bell peppers were on sale at our local grocery store for 2 for $1.00.  The guys in the family love green peppers, so I bought a few, thinking I could surely find something to stuff them with.  They were HUGE, too.

Onion Stuffed Pepper 
Ingredients:
Large Green Bell Peppers
Onions
Garlic
Skim Ricotta Cheese (Seasoned with Italian Seasoning, parsley & finely chopped Kale)
Mozerella Cheese


Directions:
Take your onions of choice and either halve them or quarter them.
Stuff the pepper until almost full.
Stuff in some garlic cloves as well
Fill cracks with seasoned Ricotta Cheese
Top with Mozzerella

Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until onions are cooked through


I also made another pepper the same way, but added some marinara sauce in it as well.

I then proceeded to drop it on the floor.  I was careful to make sure it hit several things on the way down.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS:

Resulting in THIS:
Although someone still ate it... it was really REALLY annoying, because it was SOOOO pretty before:(

 Then, my onions didn't cook all the way through before the pepper was nearly burned...
So I recommend cooking the onions for a bit in an oven safe dish first...
Like I had to do AFTER I had already baked it in the pepper.


All in all, this was not my best night.  The peppers were still tasty and got eaten by very appreciative guys, but still.  I hate it when I mess up something and I also hate cleaning, so having to stop in the middle of three activities to clean up a mess that I made out of carelessness did not put me in a chipper mood:(

There!  Happy now???  Its finally DONE!

The next day went much better:)