Friday, May 13, 2011

Clean Eating #119: SUPER East Superfood Kale Chips

Superfoods?  Yes, we have them!

Kale Chips

Thanks to Gwenyth Paltrow on the Ellen Show, I decided to try these Kale Chips. I'm really glad I did. They were really delicious and I crumbled the rest on our pizza bread the next day.




Ingredients:
Fresh kale, Washed and chopped into large chunks (I got rid of the stems)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic Salt to taste

Directions:
Take the chopped kale in a bowl and lightly sprinkle with EVOO.
Use your hands to mix the greens up so that they're pretty much evenly coated.


Spread the Kale onto a baking sheet
Sprinkle with Garlic Sea Salt


Bake at 275 for about 20-30 minutes until its all crispy.


Eat like potato chips or use to sprinkle on garlic bread or pizza bread.  This stuff would be great in bruschetta style oils/dips as well!  I'm going to be using this stuff all the time!  It is FANTASTIC and so full of flavor!