- Slice potatoes lengthwise into "fry" shapes. I always cut mine short for less baking time.
- Put in a bowl and drizzle with oil
- Sprinkle seasonings (today I used garlic pepper and a little paprika & my hubby went nuts over them)
- Spread one layer on a cookie sheet and bake at 425
- 5 Tilapia Filets
- 1/3rd Cup Oat Bran
- 1 TBSP Seasoning of choice (I used Tone's Citrus Grill NO MSG Seasoning)
- 1 cup of Nabisco Shredded Wheat or Shredded Wheat & Bran
- 2 eggs
Blend the dry ingredients in a blender until finely ground
Crack eggs in bowl.
Slice/Cut Tilapia down the center, lengthwise
Dip in eggs
coat with ground cereal
place on oiled pan
Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes until fish flakes apart. Hopefully at this point, your fries are ready as well!
VERDICT: These were gobbled up FAST, even my youngest who generally doesn't care for fish was eating these without even noticing that she ate nearly half the fish I cooked! No one even asked for dip/tartar sauce, which is unusual for them. I'd say these were definitely a hit. Although I still prefer my fish plain, the crunch and the kid friendly finger food means I will definitely try this again and again!