|Tomatillos were something I'd never seen or even heard of before. They reminded me of tomatoes, almost.|
- Chop & Puree:
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh tomatillos or 2 (13 oz.) cans tomatillos
- 2 green chiles, charred, peeled and seeded
- 3 jalapeno chiles, partially seeded, veins removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- Add the Puree & the following ingredients to a sauce pan & Simmer for 15-20 Minutes:
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. light oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. xylitol
- After Simmering, Add 1/4th to 1/2 cup of Cilantro, snipped to the sauce.
What I'd do Differently Next Time: Definitely add some more spicy peppers! I'm going to have to research my peppers more, or buy just organic or in season. This had a nice flavor, but was too sweet. I will use less sugar and probably leave more seeds in next time. All in all, though, it was a success!