Saturday, February 5, 2011

Clean Eating #41: Super Bowl lower fat Guacamole & Easy Chips & Nachos!

Super Bowl Clean Guacamole & Chips!

Wow.  I've never been able to bring myself to try guacamole before... and I finally did.  Holy beans.  This stuff is YUMMY!!!  Paris and I ate nearly 1/3rd of this just mindlessly munching on it every time we passed the table!  I finally packed it away in the fridge, since I made it for Patrick and the boys anyway, I thought I should save some for them.

Ingredients:
  • 3 avocado
  • 1 medium onion
  • 2 heads of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • 1 lime
  • 1 1/2 Roma tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 Cups of frozen peas, cooked *Lower the fat!
  • pepper



Directions: 
Cut the Avocado in half lengthwise and remove the seed.
Make a slice down the middle and just peel off the skin.
Squeeze lime juice in a small bowl.  Use half to coat the avocado.
Using a potato masher, mash up the avocado.


Add cooked peas, remaining lime juice, spices, chopped garlic and cilantro & puree in blender
Add chopped tomato and onion & Refrigerate until serving.


CHIPS!
Find some clean corn tortillas
Cut into triangles (I recommend cutting them larger rather than smaller so its less time consuming)
Spray lightly with oil and line a cookie sheet
bake under the broiler for just a moment until they start to brown, flip and toast the other side.  Viola!

OR
Clean Eating Nachos... with LESS mess if you cut them AFTER they're toasted with cheese (for Nachos)