Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Potluck Favorite: Bean Dip with Tortilla Chips


Bean Dip

Bean dip is something you can cater to your own tastes.  This is how we make it (Same ingredients as with refried beans ):

After the refried beans are finished, we add cooked ground beef, corn, diced tomatoes or salsa, black beans & cheese if we're in that kind of mood.  Generally I just save the cheese for putting on individual servings because I like to eat as little dairy as possible and can definitely live without it in bean dip!
Here's The Bean adding the last of our canned corn to the refried beans.

We are trying to get rid of all of our canned foods due to the issues with BPA, but we are also on a VERY tight budget for food, so it has to be eaten until we can get more.  This was the last of our canned corn.  Now, if I can just get my husband in on the game and get him to stop buying canned... we'll be good!
The finished dip with some cheese on top for The Bean
Gobbled down with tortilla chips (I'm hoping to find a healthier way to get chips, too, if anyone has any suggestions, please leave me a comment!

Enjoy:)